Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Clark Catch Up

For some reason I've just been slack in updating this blog... it could be because I've been busy trying to publish the first few years of the blog into a photo album... it could be because I've been doing my BSF homework during 'naptime'... it could be there hasn't been a whole lot to update about... NAW... it definitely isn't that - I'm leaning toward the fact that Hunter is not as predictible in his nap routine lately and is actually trying to make himself comfortable on the office floor while I do this now - I won't be here long!

On a non-rainy Saturday in November the kids and I went out to Marlin's school for my 4th school festival!!! It's hard to believe this will be my last... but it was a fun morning seeing her students and letting the kids get their pictures taken with those brave enough to ask in English (Marlin's the English teacher so there's some motivation there).

Hunter thought the "money" stickers would look better on Uncle Richard.

As with any well planned school fair, the military showed up with a bit of promotional material... Hunter found this guy interesting...

but Helena was downright scared!!!!

The kids & I had passed Outback Steakhouse several times through the month and saw they had an anniversary sale on steaks - $299NT for a sirloin steak meal - so I got Hunter to ask baba to take us out to steak. It was pretty cute hearing him say "Baba, I want steak!"... and you should've seen how excited we were all day preparing for our big steak dinner. Too bad Tony ended up working a bit later and we were pretty much finished with our meal by the time he arrived to join us... nonetheless, we all enjoyed our beef quota for the week!!!

Tony & I decided a while ago that we need to get out more - just the two of us! So we've sucked it up and found a couple of folks who can babysit for us and help out around the house a bit so we can have a "Date Night"... our first of such nights, however, we chose to spend with some friends from our cellgroup at a delicious Indian restaurant in Tien Mu...

Excited to be out of the house, Tony even prepared some entertainment for our group... Tony the Incredible Magician turned up and learned a few things from Richard & Edu about his delivery... Yes, I guess we do need to get out more!

In October, Hunter started hanging from the bars by himself... way to go! And now he slides down the pole like Fireman Sam or Uncle Matt - the tricky part is that I should be standing closer to him while he's showing off his new skills, but Helena has her own interests at the playground as well... so... hopefully he'll be okay!

We also try to get down to the putting green a couple of times a week down in our courtyard... Hunter loves his 'golpclups' Grandpa gave him and has already thrashed the carrying case and lost all the balls... so we use ping pong balls instead! He's even gotten the ball into the hole a few times, but most of the time I'm a bit nervous he's going to whack Mei mei in the face as he's a bit more like a baseball player.

She's lovely... she loves to get out there too and have a whack!!! She's more than just a pretty girl on the sidelines... that's for sure!

Speaking of whack... Helena had her first black eye in October... she tripped over me while we were playing on the floor and landed on a space station... bummer! Thankfully it missed her eye!!! And thankfully it was the week before her second photo shoot!

In the journey toward greater health, I borrowed my friend's juicer - Hunter was my assistant - and loved his job more than his product! But you can tell by his little green moustache that he did occasionally drink the healthy elixir!!!

No comments: