Monday, November 30, 2009

Cheap Entertainment

We've almost managed to escape living on this side of town without any major construction projects right near our apartment - but just this past week they've started tearing down a building at the local high school which happens to be on our side of the apartment complex so now we've got what most people in the area have had - noise, dust and a bit of vibration... but we also have CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT for two little kids and a free-fun loving mom!!! We've been stopping to look as we've walked to the supermarket or 7-11, but today I purposely packed our lunches and we went to watch the big machines in action!!! One of the kids LOVED it... the other enjoyed her lunch and me taking pictures of her! I don't think this will be the last time we do lunch here!




We had prime seats right in front of the real estate office and the opening to the project... where else could you find such seats!!!


Okay, we enjoyed lunch there so much, a few days later I packed up breakfast!! Are we addicts or what?!?

With all this male machinery, what could possibly make Hunter cry so hysterically???

The naughty dog that snatched his breakfast sandwich right from his hand then slopped it up right in front of him as to rub it in!!! We've been talking about the 'naughty dog' ever since... and believe me, if we see that dog again I have half a mind to give it a good spank for making my son cry so hard...


Here's the view from our balcony while I'm hanging laundry... hanging laundry with all this going on outside - no wonder why we're sneezing a bit more lately!
To tell you the truth, I think I'm just as fascinated by these machines as Hunter is... I'm beginning to see how "Transformers" got their inspiration.

And as a side note, this little lovely girl brought her little headband to me this morning to put in her hair - it's the first time she's worn it without complaint or removal! How funny is that - she's not even 18months yet and she's got her own fashion sense! That's nuts!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Atticus would eat that up too!