After a few days of rest from the camping adventure, we took a ferry trip out to Waiheke Island to visit Tony's other sister. Let me warn you now, these pictures will make you want to pack your own bags - it really is this beautiful in New Zealand.

The ferry trip is about 35 minutes from Devonport - probably the perfect amount of time for both the kids, though if you asked Hunter, he'd probably want to stay on the boat all day!

We were grateful for the amazing weather - the forecast had called for rain!

Tony & Denise

Brooklyn is 7 and Gracie will be 5 in a few months - they were great with our kids. Hunter enjoyed picking blueberries with the girls (until he was banned for eating the unripe ones) but I think he enjoyed the blueberry muffins even more!!!

Having bike withdrawls - he was willing to ride the girly bike up and down the dirt path.

We lunched leisurely along the seashore (just 20 meters from Denise & Matt's place...it really is this amazing)...


A little father-son bonding time... surprisingly Tony's back & arms weren't too sore after their 30 minute row.

Honestly, it was just this relaxing here...


Helena was right into the shells and sand - and her cousins took good care of her so I could just sit...

On such a stunning day we really needed to get wet - it was the warmest water I'd been in all trip long (including the water park).

As good as Brooklyn was with Helena, I think Helena was getting tired of being held, watched and played with... she's a bit of a free spirit this one!

It was cute to see the cousins having so much fun together... of course, Hunter has fun with anyone's toys (especially if they're too busy paying attention to Helena to notice he's been into everything).

This little swimsuit is always covered by her rash-shirt but I just had to get at least one photo of it - it's just so adorable (thanks, Auntie Livi!).

Time to say good-bye...
1 comment:
Ah, your kids really favor their cousins! From the photo of Brooklyn holding Helena and the next of Hunter and Gracie too.
I think if I lived there I'd have a hard time getting anything done--aside from lying on the beach, that is.
Post a Comment