Sunday, April 05, 2009

Twenty-Four

Wow... it's amazing how refreshed I feel after having spent twenty-four hours without pushing a pram, changing a diaper, singing "wiggly woo" or feeding someone besides myself!!! I went along to the Torch Church Women's Retreat this weekend while my PHENOMENAL husband took care of both kids!!! It was the first time I've been away by myself at least since the kids have been around... and the whole time I felt so light and 'free'. Don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY love our kids and I love my role as mama - there's nothing I'd rather be doing with my life at this stage!! However, it was sooooooooooooo nice to finish a conversation and eat a hot meal. So what does a mom do with this kind of free time???

Well, I still got up at early - 6.30 on a Saturday just isn't right - but my friends/roommates wanted to swim early. It's been a long time since I've been outside at this time in the morning - it was beautiful.

After my 2km swim in the pool (Tony & I are going to enter a 'fun swim' of 3km at the end of May so I have to 'train'), I joined some other friends for breakfast. Unfortunately the eating fast has become a habit -


Of course... after a 6.30 start I got to do something I don't usually get to do - take a snooze!


Nothing like a little arrow shooting to get your blood pumping.

My roommates were ladies from the Tuesday Mother's small group... we had fun hanging out together without our small kids.


I'm looking and feeling pretty relaxed, eh?!?


Ense Jie - our pastor's wife - is such a lovely friend.


And in the end, I rediscovered I'm more suited to 'warm' colors... so I'll keep that in mind when we get back to the States in July and I do my big shopping spree.
And what about Tony & the kids you wonder? Well, he took them to our favorite place - the zoo!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Warm colors maybe, but say no to peach (it's a Grandma color, I'm sure of it).

Heather said...

You must not be nursing Helena anymore? Or did you just pump enough for the 24 hours? Dill won't do a bottle, although rarely do I use one (like, never) so if I were to go anywhere he'd have a heck of a time.