Thursday, April 16, 2009

Flexibility Is The Key...

Saturday we had a plan... the girls were going to the Lego Family Sale, the boys were going for a bike ride along the river - then we'd all meet up at the Children's Recreation Park. Sounds like a good plan, eh?!? Well, Helena and I waited for about 30 minutes at the Lego Sale when it finally dawned on me that lining up in the stairwell with a tired 8-month old baby was a) not safe, b) not pleasureable and c) just not a good way to spend a lovely day. So she and I gave up our spots in line and headed out... good thing I called Tony before getting too far... he said he'd tweaked his neck somehow on the early part of the ride and really wasn't feeling well at all. So... our plan - phet (in a swishing tone) - out the window. But heck, we're flexible/adaptable parents and it was an absolute stunner of a day... so after naps we ventured by bus to Daan Park for a bit of family time then grabbed some of our favorites dishes from our favorite HK restaurant and had a picnic dinner at the NTU tennis courts. Tony made it to the church office in time for a singing rehearsal (more to come on that one after the wedding this weekend) and the kids and I made it home well past their bedtime!!! And all up - it was a really fun afternoon!!!

This is just the 20-30 minute wait to get into the elevator, to get up to the 15th floor, from where you had to walk up the stairs to the roof to continue standing in line...

cheap Legos would've been fun, but hey... not that fun! (I ended up going back on Monday with NO LINE and really all I bought was a 5-piece set that included a little horse... glad I didn't wait in line longer on Saturday)

Hunter was a big boy and got to sit in the actual bus seat rather than his stroller! He was super thrilled by this and was all smiles for most of the time!

Helena got to have her afternoon bottle at the park while daddy tried to keep Hunter in his field of vision in the midst of the hundreds of kids playing on the slides. Good thing Hunter has light hair! Oh... check out Helena's little teeth!!! She's just got these two, but they seem to be doing the trick for now!!!
Hunter was desperate to join the skaters...

Can you believe how peppy they look for it being an hour past bedtime!?!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I would have walked in the door, saw the line-up, and marched us right back out!