Thursday, March 12, 2009

Beautiful Helena

This blog used to have a feature called "Hunter, the cutie pie". Well, that lasted through his first year and I guess that's where the second child's ball sometimes gets dropped. So in order to ensure Helena doesn't grow up with 'second child syndrome' here's a few highlights of our super adorable little girl!
Just look at those cheeks!!! Here's our smiley girl on her 7 month birthday!!! She's eating about two solid meals a day and now that I've stopped watering everything down with formula, she's really enjoying her food! Even devoured broccoli & sweet potato mixed... not bad!
This is pretty hard to capture on camera, but she's really on the move now. I will put her down on a nice, warm mat with a few toys around her and turn my back for a second and there she goes - onto the cold tile floor headed toward something of Hunter's. I can't say she's 'crawling' yet, but she's a real quick 'creeper'! Needless to say, I'm spending my spare moments scanning the floor (and surrounding areas) for potential hazards.


Her first volunteer job!!!
Our friends upstairs are starting a baby-food company, so they've enlisted Helena as a taste-tester! So far she's been a pretty easy-going judge. I'm just thankful it's another meal I don't have to puree on my own!!!


Look at these gorgeous little legs!
At her 6 month check up we discovered she really hasn't grown as fast or much as we'd expected (according to the percentile charts anyway) and her standing strength was pretty poor. After a month of 'practice' (actually letting her stand on our laps and a bit of time in the ole Johnny Jump-up) she's really gotten a lot stronger. And she's hit a bit of a growth spurt lately (wants to eat almost every 2.5 hours instead of 4) so she's doing just fine.
Basically, she's absolutely lovely and we are so grateful for her! Hunter still adores her and is such a great helper (most of the time).

No comments: