For the past 12 weeks we've attended a music class on Wednesday afternoons. This was Hunter's first 'class' with a real teacher (not me), a scheduled time and a set agenda. He LOVED it!!! I LOVED it!!! Even Helena LOVED it! In the beginning, I would have to wake him up from his nap and he'd cry most of the 7 minutes it took to walk to the class (not counting the moments when he was stuffing raisins, guava or muffins in his mouth) but as soon as we'd get to the building he'd perk up and that was the end of that! In the past month he'd wake up automatically 15 minutes before I'd have to wake him and he's yell out something about 'musi hass' upon my entering the room. During the week he'd talk about 'laoshi' when he was listening to cd's - I'm telling you, he LOVED it! Unfortunately, like they say, "all good things must come to an end" and the end of this particular class has come! Because the threat of 'swine flu' is very real here in Taiwan, the teacher and other moms decided it would be best to not even start another course until things settle down (the flu hasn't even arrived here yet and may not for another 3-6 months). This is tremendously disappointing for Hunter (for me) because as I've already mentioned - we LOVE music class!!! Thankfully I brought my camera on the last class and captured a bit of the enthusiasm!!! Thank you, Liu Laoshi for making music so much fun!!!

There were several elements to the class each week. Here's Hunter and Pae Juen waving 'ribbons' as they became leaves flying off trees (at least I think that's what they were doing).

Hunter and River were a bit rowdier than Pae Juen, but the three kids got along well and had a lot of fun jumping around together.
Each week the kids would use different instruments to repeat sounds, rhythms and beats.

The course followed a picture book about a bear's adventures with his friends, so the theme for the day would be introduced and the instruments, movements and activities followed suit.

Here they are - Hunter's first classmates! We will definitely look forward to the next class opening!
No comments:
Post a Comment