Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday's Child...

It was Helena's 2-month birthday!!! She's such a precious little girl!!! She's all smiles lately and a lot more awake than last month (though she's still a great sleeper when she's supposed to be).




Since it was another rainy day in Taipei, Amber & I took the kids to our favorite alternative - Playspace! There was only one other family there, so Hunter had the run of the place (though I must say, it wasn't as fun without Atticus or Kristin to steal toys from). Aunt Amber loved it and we all were entertained for an hour.







Hunter had a little cold, which was enough to make him a bit grumpy and a little unpredictable - but not enough to skip Playspace. Because of this unpredictability, we decided that it would be in the best interest of future babysitting favors to take him with us for Amber's birthday dinner rather than let him go with Auntie Janet. PARENTING TIP: if you can help it, don't set up your willing friend for failure or a meltdown - that's a definite "sorry, I've got other plans" response the next time you ask. So instead of a lengthy, slow-paced, conversation-filled evening with Amber we had the opposite... Here's another PARENTING TIP: buffet meals + grumpy toddler = stressful dinner - you're better off changing plans! I make it sound like a total disaster - it wasn't so bad that we had to take turns walking around with him outside (thanks to his discovery of mango juice) - it just didn't fit our original expectations... which leads to probably the third PARENTING TIP: adjust your expectations & situations as necessary.

Despite the circumstances, I really enjoyed our Thai dinner - thanks Jim & Phyllis!!!


The two "birthday" girls



See, it wasn't so bad... we all look fairly relaxed, don't we?!?

Hunter & his favorite building






1 comment:

Justin said...

David Bowie!!