Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Meanwhile, Back In Taipei...

There's a reason why I haven't done a roast chicken meal here... but somehow I got carried away by the romanticized idea of Tony, Livi, Hunter & I finally all sitting around the dinner table together catching up over steamy veggies and tender chicken pieces... and I bought a chicken and prepared all the fixin's! This is Asia... not quite what I pictured!

My "whole chicken" is really the whole chicken... I couldn't bring myself to cut his extra bits off before cooking him, so I waited til after (actually, I waited til Tony came home to do it - I kept thinking he'd open his eye or something freaky like that).

So having seen all of the chicken, scrawny as he was, I really didn't enjoy my meal as much as I had hoped... but we did get a good laugh over it and still enjoyed our "family time".

(Oh, Livi has moved in with us... so she'll be a featured family member til June next year)

No comments: